About the IIAFA
The International Institute of Anti-Fraud Forensic Auditors (IIAFA) recognized through cooperation agreements with other institutions that recognize the AFA Certification and others that grants the IIAFA,offers a certification program for Anti-fraud Forensic Auditing Professionals. In this way the new specialization of Anti-fraud Forensic Auditing in in the XXI century is a rescue, support and modernization of the historic and original function of the auditor in which fraud is its main objective. It suggest inclusion of external auditor opinions about internal controls in a separate paragraph about the reasonableness of the results from operations, so that the investors can know the level of risk (fraud) that the company or institution is exposed to and this way take the necessary decisions based on the level of risk tolerance in a transparent measurable manner. In this way, the Anti-Fraud Forensic Auditor meets all the expectations that the international community requires from him in a global world where he will become the most trusted advisor.
To achieve these objectives the IIAFA:
- Offers a certification program for Certified Public Accountants (CPA) that specializes individuals as Anti-Fraud Forensic Auditors (AFA) so they could address in a integral manner, fraud, corruption and money laundering, taking into account education, experience, knowledge as well as personal and professional ethics.
- Trains and updates members constantly.
- Promotes exchange of knowledge and information among professionals and countries that have advanced techniques and procedures in Anti-Fraud Forensic Auditing.
- Investigates, analyzes, documents and shares the advances in Anti-Fraud Forensic Auditing.
- Establishes principles, fundamentals and procedures in executing a Anti-Fraud Forensic Audit.
- Conducts Studies, analysis and consult on opportunities and challenges in the development of different social and economic sectors with the purpose of elevating the level of trust from the productive and financial sectors in countries around the world.
Associations that maintain Cooperation and Recognition Agreement of the Antifraud Forensic Auditor Certification (AFA) and others issued by the IIAFA:
- La Asociación Latinoamericana de Investigadores de Fraude y Crímenes Financieros (ALIFC), fundada en 2002.
- La Asociación Interamericana de Contabilidad (AIC), fundada en 1949.
- El Instituto Guatemalteco de Contadores y Auditores (IGCPA), fundada en 1968.
- El Colegio de Contadores Públicos de Tumbes, Perú (CCPT), fundado en 1976.
- El Instituto de Contadores Públicos Autorizados de República Dominicana (ICPARD), fundado en 1944.
- La Universidad Mayor Real y Pontificia de San Francisco Xavier de Chuquisaca, Sucre, Bolivia (USFX), fundada en 1624.
- Confederación Nacional de Profesionales de Bolivia (CPB), fundada en 1957.
- Universidad Americana (UAM), fundada en 1992.
- Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), fundada en 1966.
- Instituto de Investigaciones Contables del Ecuador (IICE), fundada en 1964.